James Rawles is world-known for his ability to clearly explain how one can survive the end of the world as we know it.
- Click Here to jump to his 5 best articles you need to read…
If you were without electric, lighting or your local grocery store, James is the person that you would want by your side.
Just read what is written about him below in this article and make your own mind about this guy and his expertise.
So, Who Is This Guy?
James Wesley Rawles was born in 1960 and has become a well-known novelist, blogger and, as the title suggests, an expert on surviving a global collapse. Born in California, James grew up and received his Bachelor’s degree in Journalism before serving in the military from 1984 – 1993.
James has authored the following books:
- Patriot’s Novel Series – The most famous of all his books. This is a NY Times best seller and has skyrocketed James to fame.
- How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It – An amazing title that covers tactics and techniques that you will need to know.
James is also the editor for SurvivalBlog.com.
His Expertise in The Field of Survival
Prepare yourself now before it is too late:
Unlike some other “so-called” gurus, James is the real-deal when it comes to survival. In fact, James has almost a decade’s worth of experience in the military and knows how to survive when a crisis does occur.
A few main points about his expertise are:
- 9 years of service as an intelligence officer
- Editor of SurvivalBlog.com
- Survival retreat consultant
The true expertise of James shines through his book series and his years of military service. You can catch a glimpse at his techniques on his blog for free, but we recommend truly reading the Patriot Novel Series. James is also the leader of the Survivalist and American Redoubt movement.
2 Main Publications & Book-List
1. How to Survive The End of The World as We Know It
Inside, you will find information pertaining to:
- Training your mind for uncertainty
- How to prioritize yourself
- How to find water
- Medical supplies and training techniques
- Self-defense and protecting your home
- How to barter for goods
- Information on food and livestock
- How communication and monitoring will work
This is a wildly popular book with a 4.5 star rating out of 590+ reviews. Just see for yourself here – http://www.amazon.com/How-Survive-End-World-Know/dp/0452295831/
2. Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse
The first novel in the series. Patriots talks about the coming collapse and puts the reader into a speculative situation wherein the main characters are struggling for survival.
This series includes the following titles, in order:
All of these books follow each other and are best read in sequence. Otherwise, you will not be able to follow the series.
His Great Website Called SurvivalBlog.com
At first glance, Survival Blog is a pretty old looking website. While this shouldn’t matter much because the content is great, it is hard to get over the plain design.
Maybe this is a way to take a minimalist approach, but it is something that stood out strongly to me. After all, James has written so many books that I would expect his site to look somewhat better.
After the initial nostalgia, we dive into the meat of the site. Inside, you will find the following:
- Wilderness survival
- Emerging threats
- Alternative fuels
- Privacy concerns
- Survival tools
- Survival locations
- Hunting, trapping & fishing
Upon navigating the site, you will find a massive list of categories on the bottom left. These are where you will easily be able to find whatever it is you are interested in. The main post setup is rather confusing due to the white background and no differentiating factors seen between posts aside from the header text.
5 Best Posts Worth Reading
Digging into the site, you will be able to find a lot of great posts on a lot of different topics. The following posts are among the most popular based on social shares and activities:
- Retreat Areas – This is a page you need to print and keep with you at all times. Retreat areas are broken down into states and provide locations that would be the best place to go in the event of a global meltdown. These areas are chosen for their location next to clean water and other valuable criteria all based on ensuring your survival. See it here – http://survivalblog.com/retreatareas/.
- Protecting Against Influenza – This is an older post about influenza that is continually updated. This is a must-read for anyone with a family because it really goes deep into avoidance and protection. Upon reading this post, you will know how to safely avoid influenza when medicine is not readily available. See it here – http://survivalblog.com/asianflu/
- Being Prepared – This is a massive post that delves into every topic. You must read this post to prepare yourself for the collapse. The best part is that you will learn bartering, weapons, how to grow food, what supplies you will need and a lot more. One of my favorite parts is the Build Your Library section that contains links and information on some of the best books in the industry. Access it through this link – http://survivalblog.com/being-prepared-by-jrr/
- Be Smart Get Prepared First Aid Kit – When you are out in the wild, you need to really think about first aid. After a disaster, you will have cuts, gashes and health concerns that will not be able to be treated traditionally. This posts lays out an extensive list of items that you will want to have with you for an ultimate first aid kit. Just have a look at it – http://survivalblog.com/letter-be-smart-get-prepared-first-aid-kit/
- Bug Out: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly – An amazing post that goes through a scenario where your car broke down and there is no hope in sight. The best part is that this long article goes into great detail on how you can survive this situation and what you will need to get started. It is a great preparation guide for anyone to read – http://survivalblog.com/bug_out_the_good_the_bad_the_ugly-you_can_arrive_alive_by_semper_paro/.
Survival Blog may not be aesthetically pleasing, but you will find information on real situations and how to survive them on the site. There is something for every situation, and you will learn how to survive everything by hunting, finding shelter and ultimately living past the collapse.
Image source: TheDailySheeple.com